Garbutt Construction Company is seeking a talented Controller for their Dublin, Georgia office.
Major responsibilities include: supervision of accounts payable invoices, weekly tasks such as cash flow forecasting, and monthly tasks such as generation of financial statements.
The Controller is a member of the Company’s executive team and is expected to participate in setting and reaching strategic goals; he or she advises the executive team on a variety of business topics that may be introduced.
Major responsibilities of the position include: - Oversight of all financial activities
- Oversight of all functions related to revenue collections and billings for the company
-Safe guarding the assets of the company;
-Handling accounts payable, accounts receivables, and overseeing collections;
- Establish and maintain cash controls
- Reconciliation of general ledgers and bank statements;
-Generating monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements,
- Analyzing results and reporting to the Executive Team;
- Managing annual audits
- Providing information to the Company’s bonding agent to support requirements;
- Understanding and assisting operations personnel with job cost analysis and subcontractor qualification;
- Maintaining a working relationship with the Company’s banking representatives;
- Foundations Software System expertise;
-Performing journal entries and journal summaries;
- Verifying charges and ensuring security of company credit cards;
- Complying with local, state and federal reporting and tax filing requirements;
- Managing the production of the annual budget and forecasting;
The successful candidate for Controller for Garbutt Construction is required to have earned a Bachelor’ s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or closely related field required; Master’s Degree preferred; five years of professional experience in accounting and financial management required, construction accounting highly desired or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Must have experience in "Cost to Complete" accounting practices with a construction company.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), supervisory experience and work in construction related field highly desired.
Additional Salary Information: Salary range (DOQ/DOE) $70,000 - $90,000 - Garbutt Construction provides an excellent benefits package for eligible employees which includes paid annual and sick leave, group health, dental, life insurance and retirement benefits.
Interested candidates send cover letter, resume, salary history and five job references to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Garbutt Construction Company
Garbutt Construction has been building Construction Excellence since 1976, Dublin, Georgia
Garbutt Construction embraces a business philosophy built around turning visions into realities. For our company, the vision of maintaining a sustainable organization; for our employees, the vision of building successful careers; for our customers, the vision of transforming their dream or design into a tangible, usable space; and for our partners, the vision of achieving results beyond individual capabilities.
If you want to join a talented team of professionals, apply today!