This position is primarily responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of Financial Statements in support of RQ's mission, vision, and values.
General duties and responsibilities (please see full job description on our careers page):
- Prepares, assembles, and saves RQC LLC and JV Financials before Controller's review
- Reviews all company's WIP Reports for accuracy before Controller's review
- Reconciles and/or reviews Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts to ensure accuracy of the accounts prior to preparing the financial statements
- Maintains depreciation rollforward schedule to ensure accuracy of the assets, accumulated depreciation, and depreciation expense accounts
- Maintains Notes Payable Rollforward and reconciles to ensure accuracy of Notes and Interest
- Assists the Controller in providing quarterly financial information to the parent company including the Trial Balances, FA rollforward, JV detail report, WIP report, notes payable and interest, and statements of equity
- Communicates outstanding late owner billings on a regular basis to the Project Managers and Project Administrators to collect, ensuring the timely collection of cash for cash flow purposes
- Assists in completing insurance renewal applications yearly
- Oversees the processing and payment of Sales and Use tax
- Processes all general liability insurance allocation for RQC LLC and JVs
- Reviews the accuracy of all AP coded invoices and for reviewing and approving invoices to be paid by AP on a weekly basis
- Ensures accuracy of AP checks prior to Controller's signature
- Reviews payments to Subcontractors for proper supporting documentation before submitting to the Controller for signature (shared with Senior Accountant)
- Oversees and approves audit items provided by Sr. Accountant for JV partners, WC, Sales Tax and other requests from outside stakeholders
- Responsible for coordinating and gathering year-end audit information (not including the financials and corresponding notes). Ensures requested items are provided to the CPAs and are in compliance with GAAP
- Responsible for coordinating the collection of tax information requested from parent company
- Under the general direction of the Controller, manages three direct reports including Sr. Accountant, AP Specialist, and Payroll Specialist Performs annual reviews and coaching sessions for direct reports
- Acts as backup liaison for Sr. Accountant, AP, and Payroll
- A four-year degree in Accounting or Finance is the minimum formal education required for this position. A combination of equivalent work experience and training in the field may be qualifying.
- Five + years' of corporate Accounting work experience required, including General Ledger reconciliations and preparation of financial statements (process, accuracy, measurement, data analysis, and interpretation) for review by the controller.
- Two + years' experience leading and managing teams in a corporate environment.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office and Internet) required.
- Specific software literacy (Viewpoint) favorable.
- Standards of excellence, good people-skills, and a sense of humor required.
Internal Number: ACCT - 008
About RQ Construction LLC
RQ Construction, LLC. (a wholly-owned subsidiary of DPR Construction) is a full service contracting and design firm that specializes in Design/Build projects for both public and private clients, with a primary focus on the Department of Defense.